Everyone Can Do Something
A Noble Gift for You and Others
Be a Carbon Hero
Did you know the average person creates 20 metric tons of CO2e every year?
You can do your part every year by purchasing CBU Blues.
WDF has created Blue Ribbon Climate Benefit Units™ (CBU Blues) to be sold to individuals and companies to offset their carbon footprints.
- Purchase CBU Blues in any quantity you like
- Receive a WDF registered certificate authenticating your purchase.
- Your purchase helps support the funding of more orphan wells.
- Receive special access to scientific data regarding your carbon offset.
Instant and immediate impact in the fight against climate change.
Customized programs for larger groups are available. Contact: Leslies@WellDoneFoundation.org
CBU Blues- The Best Blues To Have
Blue Ribbon Carbon Benefit Units™ (CBU Blues) were developed by the Well Done Foundation to help individuals and companies to offset their carbon footprint. Funds from these purchases are used to support the plugging of more orphan wells.
- CBU Blue certificate owners will be emailed an executed and serialized certificate. Print copies sent by US mail are available upon request.
- Certificate owners will have access to Well Intel™, WDF’s proprietary technical portal which stores information about the exact units purchased.
- Certificate owners can feel proud that they have made a significant, purpose driven, and substantial contributions to reducing their carbon footprint.
- Finally, certificate owners have the satisfaction of knowing their purchase will support the funding of WDF’s mission of plugging more wells.
We all create impacts that contribute to climate change, no matter how careful we are. One responsible and impactful way to reduce your imprint is by purchasing carbon offsets. Best of all, your purchase is used to plug more wells!
Well Intel is a proprietary platform owned by WDF which stores all scientific data, history, reports, and photos related to the plugged orphan well that created the CBU Blues. Well Intel provides robust scientific data and complete transparency regarding the adoption, measuring, plugging, post-plugging measurements, and land remediation of an orphan well. For example, certificate owners can view the third-party verification of the methane a well was emitting and see scientific data demonstrating that the methane was eliminated. Additionally, the CBU Blues are produced in the United States and all revenue is used by WDF, a US nonprofit, to support the plugging of more orphan wells. Instant, immediate impact!
Yes! CBUs make a great, unique, and meaningful gift for any occasions.
CBU Blues are $25 a unit.
One unit equals one metric ton of CO2e that was eliminated when WDF plugs an orphan well.
Recent studies show the average US resident contributes a stunning 20 tons of CO2e to the atmosphere every year.
WDF has just released 5,246 units for sale after plugging the Bluhm Well #007 located in Toole County, Montana. Measurements are based using the United Nations’ Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) guidelines.
The Bluhm #007 was drilled in March of 1930, in the throws of the Great Depression. While many Americans were out of work and struggling, Oil development in Montana at that time built communities and provided jobs that fueled hope and the American Dream! The Bluhm #007 Well became orphaned in the early 1990’s when its last operator went out of business and the well became the responsibility of the State of Montana.
The well was emitting 5,246 metric tons of CO2e which is the equivalent of 1206 gas powered cars being eliminated or planting 89,719 tree seedlings that are grown for 10 years.
WDF formally adopted the well in April of 2022 from the Montana Board of Oil and Gas Conservation. The well was sponsored in part by the WDF Ecotourism Field Camp #1 and many other generous donors. The well was plugged on August 25, 2023, and the surface restoration is completed. WDF will continue monitoring the well annually for the next 10 years.